Grace: Day 138



Grace

I am moving in a few days, and although I've moved too many times to count this one is proving to be a challenge.  I have lived in my current home for 7 years -- the longest period in one place in my adult life.

The house has served me well.  With all the ups and downs, this house has provided a safe place for me to grow and to learn, to begin new relationships and relinquish old ones.  But I'm ready to start something new, to move to the Bay Area and to spread my wings even more.  I'm excited to be closer to my sweetie and to partake of Bay Area culture.

Lots of new things (and hopefully good things!) are coming my way.


This little portrait is of the house I leave behind.  She's got some personality!  When I tried to give her a name a few years ago (some fancy French thing), she was adamant that her name was Grace.  And the time I've spent here has been filled with just that . . . Grace.

Thank you and goodbye, Grace.  May the next person who shelters within your walls find as much pleasure, safety and peace as I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment