The New Me: Day 140-176

It's hard to believe I did not post anything in December, and I barely did much visual art to begin with.  On the flip side, I have been writing more, so perhaps I got most of my creativity out through my words!

 It's a new year and a new me.  I've moved to a new home, and this small portrait is a work in progress of my new place.


I have also spent some time thinking about where I will focus my attention this year. I have lots of interests (never too many!) but concentrating on all of them at once just leads to paralysis. So, I did this exercise -- I call it the Scarves Exercise -- that helped me hone in on where I want to spend my time (no, I won't explain the exercise).

Here's what it looked like when I was done:


At the end of it all, I did get some great clarity. I've decided to focus much more on my scholarly writing. This is the year of the Scholar Me.

... and here is my artistic rendering:













My heart of hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment