I walk down the street . . .

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk I fall in.
I am lost... I am hopeless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out. (Hole 1)

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I'm in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out. (Hole 2)

 I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in... it's a habit
My eyes are open I know where I am
It is my fault.
I get out immediately. (Hole 3)

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it. (Hole 4)

I walk down another street. (Hole 5)

.'Autobiography in Five Chapters' was written by Portia Nelson (1920 - 2001) and quoted in “The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying”

0 comments:

Post a Comment